What is Azure Git Listener?
Azure Git Listener is a plugin for Atlassian Jira Cloud that links your Jira to Azure Git repositories. It adds a Git section to each issue page, that all Git commits, branches, and pull requests linked to the current Jira issue.
How is Git data linked to Jira issues?
Linking is done via Jira issue keys, which are always in the following form: ABC-123. Just include an issue key in you Git commit message, branch name, or pull request title, and it will be displayed by Azure Git Listener on the corresponding issue's page. Each commit, branch, and pull request can be linked to multiple Jira issues. Check out our documentation for comprehensive information.
Do you support Jira Server?
Currently we don't, but we have plans to introduce this support. Reach out to us if you want to be notified when this happens.
Where does Azure Git Listener store my information?
We host our applications at Microsoft Azure, with servers located in the United States.
How secure is Azure Git Listener?
We understand that keeping source code secure is a matter of utmost importance, and we have introduced various measures to ensure your code is safe:
- We do not store your sorce code on our servers. We only store the metadata that is needed to link Jira tickets to your code. Namely, this data is commit messages, branch names, pull request titles, and the URLs of your Azure repositories.
- All communication between Azure Git Listener, Git repositories, and Jira is performed securely via HTTPS.
- The access tokens that Azure Git Listener requires to access your Git repositories are stored in an encrypted form.
- You have full control of your accens tokens through Azure DevOps portal. Should you decide that you do not want to share your Git data with Azure Git Listener, you can just deactivate the access token, and Azure Git Listener will be unable to access your code any more.
- Azure Git Listener is hosted at Microsoft Azure which offers a very high level of security, and advanced tools for auditing and detecting security incidents.
- When you cancel your Azure Git Listener subscription, your data is kept for a maximum of 30 days. After that, it is permanently deleted and becomes inaccessible for anyone. If you want your data to be deleted instantly, just contact us and we will do that for you.
Still have questions?
Reach out to us, and we will be happy to answer any remaining questions.